Views
Helpful
Replies

FMCv software 7.2.1 package signature failed validation

EvanC75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

FMCv software update 7.2.1 was released today.  When attempting to upload the update to my FMCv host, the error is displayed:

Error
Upload failed:  Package signature failed validation!

Is the update just too new?  This update does not appear when clicking Download Updates in FMC > Product Updates.  I did try downloading the file twice from software.cisco.com.  I did verify the md5 checksum so I know it wasn't corrupted.

Regards.
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A defect has been filed: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwd20551

Regards,

Chakshu

Do rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A new image for the upgrade is live and can be used.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A defect has been filed: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwd20551

Regards,

Chakshu

Do rate helpful posts!

Thanks!  In the meantime I downloaded the fresh install version and recreated the VM.  Nothing was setup in the previous instance so I didn't lose anything.

Regards.

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A new image for the upgrade is live and can be used.

star btsistem
Level 1
Level 1

For 7.2.4 it gives the error "Upload failed:  Package signature failed validation!". I have redownloaded the file again as described in the bug workaround solution, it still gives the same error.

I have opened a TAC case. An enginner stated that there is a global problem about the upgrade packages. The problem is related to md5 checksum i think. Because when TAC engineer compares the md5 checksum values on FMC and on cisco.com, we saw that the values do not match. The engineer prepared the packages for us, and we could upload the upgrade packages successfully.