Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Freeze.com - new business blocked by Cisco Umbrella

Hello. I am reaching out as CEO of Freeze Inc. due to an incorrect block on our website freeze.com. We are not doing anything malicious or invasive to cause such a block.  We launched freeze.com yesterday and have received many reports of Cisco Umbrella / OpenDNS blocking access to freeze.com.

Remove this block ASAP from OpenDNS and Cisco Umbrella as it is greatly impacting the launch of our consumer privacy business.

For reference, here is a link to the Business Wire press release announcing the launch of freeze.com: 

We have contacted and not received responses from the following email addresses: 

An agent at 1-800-553-2447, directed me to post a discussion in Cisco Community to solve the issue.

Thanks,
Domenic Perfetti
4 Replies 4

takiadeen
Level 1
Level 1

Welcome Domenic to the community forum. 

I can see the website is marked as "questionable". This is not a blocking rating as indicated by Talos but rather its lower rating than neutral due to the site being new. You can raise a Talos case to see if they can increase the rating if your security setting is modified from the default. 

From experience DNS rating can change from neutral to questionable due to DNS changing or any basic changes to DNS.  

https://www.talosintelligence.com/reputation_center/lookup?search=freeze.com 

However - checking the DNS I can see its being blocked as it most likely had malware hosted software or url that direct to such site from 2021 and 2019 and as such history this maybe the reason. 

Best to submit a ticket to talos through the above URL and ask them to review it again. 

Kind Regards

Taqi Al-shamiri

Taqi,

Thanks for the response and additional information.  We attempted to submit a reputation-change request at the URL you suggested and received the following message:

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 2.54.52 PM.png

Best,

Domenic Perfetti

Rich Garfield
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help, Taqi. We were eventually able to submit two tickets with Talos, one to increase the domain reputation and another to change the web category to reflect the nature of Freeze's business, a service that stops companies from selling data about individual people.

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 3.56.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-16 at 3.57.27 PM.png

Rich Garfield
Level 1
Level 1

The tickets we submitted have resolved and Talos now shows an appropriate category and a favorable reputation.

Thanks again, Taqi.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 10.49.07 PM.png