cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue port forwarding PPTP in new router

Scott104
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm pretty new to Cisco setup, and I've managed to get a Cisco 1117 set up with a PPoE internet connection. I'm trying to port forward 1723 to a Windows server (192.168.0.5) for PPTP VPN connections from home-based clients. I've used the below line:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.5 1723 interface Ethernet0/2/0 1723

This seems to work flawlessly for a lot of people, but appears to do nothing for me. I'm thinking it might have to do with the ACL that I've set up, as per below:

ip access-list extended OUTSIDE-INSIDE
10 permit icmp any 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255
20 permit gre any any
30 permit tcp any eq 1723 any eq 1723

Which for the purposes of intial config I've made as permissive as I feel reasonable. But it's not working. Internet and all internal services to the internet are working fine.

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

show version should help more.

also, i see the config is straightforward? the only question comes here? does your provider allow you that port to come in?

to config enable debug and check when the request comes from outside do you see the request on your router, if you see we can look at different debug on the router and see why it not working.

if you do not see that request not coming to your Router, then you need to contact the provider and ask they have any filters?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help