cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9 Prepend

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

Currently we use the enterprise parameters to pre-pend a 9 to incoming calls (except voice mail ports) so that the IP phones in missed call history will allow call backs.

For Jabber I am prepending the 9 in application dial rules to take care of click to call etc.

Now the big issue is that in the Jabber missed calls there is already a 9 in the missed calls so when you hit call back from Jabber the 9 gets pr-pended and you are left with:

99XXX-XXX-XXXX and thus resulting in a Call Failed.

Does anyone know the correct way to handle this so that the missed calls will work in jabber AND on the ip-phone?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The adjust your application rule to only prefix 9 for specific number length.

Chris

Can you elaborate on your idea?

Right now I have:

10 digits for local

and

11 for LD

I guess you can have the following dial rules defined, just a thought I have not tried it:

Name: 11-digits-prefix, number begins with 91, number of digits 12,  total digits to remove: 0

Name: 11-digits-no-prefix, number begins with 1, number of digits 11,  total digits to remove: 0, prefix 9

Name: 10-digits-prefix, number begins with 9, number of digits 11,  total digits to remove: 0

Name: 10-digits-no-prefix, number of digits 10,  total digits to remove: 0, prefix 9

HTH,

Chris

Looks like this took care of it

Number begins with 9 (Since all calls come in with the 9 pre-pend)

Number of digits 11 (all calls come in with area code without a 1 making local and LD 11 digits)

Digits to remove - 1 (strip the 9)

Prefix  9 (re-add)

Problem is define digits to remove or prefix they cannot be blank.

I had tried this once but I must not have restarted my Jabber client. Very important

Thanks for the brain storm!

It seems that the application dial rule only runs on outbound calls. So you cannot stripe the leading 9 on incoming calls. So i am searching for a solution to delete the PSTN access number only on Jabber Clients. Access number is needed for IP-Phones.