cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A/V configuration in Linux?

mictayl2
Level 1
Level 1

Although some basic Webex Meeting functionality works, I am having trouble with configuring a few features when I connect to a meeting from my Linux laptop.

1. It seems I cannot send or receive audio via the computer
  2. It seems I cannot use my webcam to send video
  3. In the preferences dialog, autodetect does not work (even though all pertinent environment variables are set, such as JAVA_HOME)
  4. I cannot seem to share my desktop

Is there a way to get these features working?

Message was edited on June 5, 2013: Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community moderator, added community categories and tags for greater ease in filtering posts (no change to content).

2 Replies 2

mkee1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your feedback. I have reviewed the items you mention below and I recommend you call WebEx Technical Support for assistance. Items #1 and #4 should work. I am not sure about item #3. Sharing webcam video via Linux is not supported at this time.

Thanks,

Melody Kee

Confirmed that sharing desktop works.  I was confused because I didn't see any visual feedback that the desktop was being shared.  I attached a screenshot of the error I get when I try to "call using computer".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: