cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Cisco 8821

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

I have a location in our organization that wants to use the wireless phones, the 8821 so I added the COP file to all of my nodes and restarted the TFTP service. I still don't see that phone as an option when I go to add it as a phone, my CUCM version is 10.5.2, what else do I need to do to make this phone show up as an option.

Eric

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what COP did you install??

I'm not reading you performed a cluster reboot which is required in your version for adding new endpoints.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Nope you're wrong, because you just installed the FW, adding/installing the FW to a CUCM does not modify the DB in order to add the new device, you're basically just adding the files to the TFTP, this is NOT how you add support for new devices. Doing a cluster reboot will do nothing for you.

You add new devices via device packs, they include all the necessary changes to add all the info into several tables in the DB so you can add a new device type.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly what COP did you install??

I'm not reading you performed a cluster reboot which is required in your version for adding new endpoints.

HTH

java

The file that I installed was sip8821.11-0-5SR1-4.loads and I kinda figured if restarting the TFTP service didn't do it restarting the cluster would work, thanks for confirming what I thought I just wanted to make sure I was right.

Nope you're wrong, because you just installed the FW, adding/installing the FW to a CUCM does not modify the DB in order to add the new device, you're basically just adding the files to the TFTP, this is NOT how you add support for new devices. Doing a cluster reboot will do nothing for you.

You add new devices via device packs, they include all the necessary changes to add all the info into several tables in the DB so you can add a new device type.

HTH

java

Gotccha

I'll download the device packs and have those installed