cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding external contacts to Jabber for Windows

rowdygardner
Level 1
Level 1

In Jabber for Windows 9.1 you cannot add external contacts. This needs to be done via Outlook.

Is the ability to add external contacts directly from Jabber going to be included in release 9.2 which is due for release Q1 2013?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

yuny
Level 1
Level 1

I believe this is what you're looking for.  There is mention in this link that "pizza guy" contacts will be allowed in 9.2.

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/28970

View solution in original post

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pizza guy is currently targeted for 9.3 which is targeted for mid-July

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

yuny
Level 1
Level 1

I believe this is what you're looking for.  There is mention in this link that "pizza guy" contacts will be allowed in 9.2.

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/28970

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pizza guy is currently targeted for 9.3 which is targeted for mid-July

Can you clarify the following for me for Jabber for Windows.  I am running build 9.1.2 and using it in Hybrid mode.

If a federated IM&P contact calls me, I see his info in the VM Tab of J4W with a presence bubble.  If I right click the contact I can add it to my contacts and selct a group I wish to deposit it into (in my case Vendor).  I can also choose to chat or do a webex meeting with this person.  I would guess this would work for any company using WebEx hosted messenger?

If a regular PSTN phone number calls me, I have very limited capability with right mouse click (call back, Mark as Unread, or Delete).  But I want the ability to save this number with a name and assign it to my contacts, so it appears with a name and also saved to my Outlook contacts.

Is the second scenario going to be supported in an upcoming release?

I think I am geting confused because Hybrid Mode Webex reads and writes to OrgAdmin, and not the local AD contacts my outlook uses?

Can you spend a few sentences explaining how this works and will work in both premise based IM&P as well as cloud (hybrid) mode?

In the examples, you gave a federated IM&P has an IM address. The PSTN call does not.

So a Pizza guy is basically a user that doesn't have an IM address.

This is the same for both cloud and on-prem deployments. It has nothing to do with OrgAdmin or AD.

Thanks +5

That was easy.

Paolo.Losantas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone help me on this problem that i have encountered, our jabber windows client was unable to add contacts from LDAP.  When i seach a user and i click "+" to add him, he will appear to my contacts for just a second and then disappers.  What is the possible solution on this?

Thank you guys hope you can help me on this.

Regards,

Paolo Losantas

If the contact was created locally in Outlook, it should always add automatically.

But if the contact is from LDAP, you will need to do the following:

1. In Cisco Unified CM Administration, go to System -> Licensing -> Capabilities Assignment
  2. Select the User
  3. Tick the "Enable CUP (Cisco Unified Presence) box.
  4. Press Save
  5. You should now be able to add them as a Contact in Jabber.

I believe you can also press the "Bulk Assignment" button to apply this change to multiple contacts in one go.

Regards,

Rob Gardner.

Hi Sir,

You mean at CUCM administration? Im running cucm 9, i cant find the capabilities assignment

thanx sir I already resolve it...what i did was, afgter the LDAP synchronization, i still have to tick the box of home cluster and enable user for CM IM and Presence and input UC service profile.  Thank you again sir.