cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 9.6.0.17088 showing wrong IM information

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

We are using BDI/LDAP with a jabber-config.xml with IM&P 9.1/Jabber for Windows 9.6.0.

We have 4 clusters with inter-clustering.  We sync CUCM to LDAP, and set username to samAccountName.  Our standard for samAccountName is firstname<space>lastname

The Directory Lookups using LDAP work great, except when I search for a user and look at their IM address.  I find 8 Annas and when I view Profile I see IM Anna for all of them.  Should it not have the full samaccountname of anna petrio@domain.com or anna lastname@domain.com

None of these computers with the problem are part of the Windows domain, they are in a workgroup.

3 Replies 3

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

In the Jabber-config.xml the PresenceDomain and BDIPresenceDomain should match the IM&P Presence Name.  Once I corrected this all was good.

You might want to add SERVICES_DOMAIN= to the msiexec command line. I found that bypassed the Jabber client asking questions for the users at login time.

Emmanuel Valdez
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Jason,

I did a upgrade from Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.2 to 9.6 and I have an issue connecting the LDAP Service, can you post your jabber-config.xml please?

Best regards.