Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative to Anyconnect

CSCO12104605
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I work in a corporate environment and we are soon to begin a pilot testing how the Cisco UC fits into our enterprise. One of the questions that has come up repeatedly is about testing the mobility aspects of the platform; IM, presence and video conferencing. From an extranet prospective we utilize a VPN to connect back into the internal domain, that VPN client (at least for mobility; iPads and iPhones) is Citrix Receiver. Mainly there are people here that don't want to be essentially running two VPN connections from the same device. Is there some way to use Citrix for VPN connectivity instead of using Anyconnect or even another answer?

Thanks,

Jon

4 Replies 4

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The official answer is you can use other platforms but Cisco has blessed and tested with Any connect and ASA. So YMMV in this case..

Thanks

Srini

Hey,

Thanks for the fast response. I just got back on to actually mark up that I had found the answer. Thanks for letting me know that other platforms are possible. As far as Citrix Receiver is concerned, it starts the VPN connection and then within the app itself it has additional apps. Cisco Jabber IM is possible to put inside and then can be run without using (at least from Jabber's prospective) a VPN. This way looks like it's going to work for us, if anyone is interested in how it turns out I can keep this thread updated.

Thanks,

Jon

Just wanted to post logged in so anyone interested in updates knows that I am a real person.

Thanks,

Jon

Yes it’s not it wouldn’t work the bigger issue is does it turn up and down the tunnel on the fly. So basically when I am inside the corporate network it should disconnect the VPN and vice-versa turn it on outside that way the end user experience is seamless..

Thanks

Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: