cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any tips or thoughts on how to maintain the .arf quality when converting to .mp4 or .wmv

mtarallo1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello WebEx Community - I have attempted several times to convert my .arf to a .mp4 and a .wmv file. I am attempting .swf as we speak to see if that makes a difference. After conversion both the video and the audio quality are not as good as the original .arf quality. I am tempted to use Camtasia screen capture and record system audio to get the best quality, but find that if I must do that completely ridiculous. Is there a way to convert a WebEx .arf file to a high quality video - where the quality is the same as the original .arf?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

2 Replies 2

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, this is the limitation of NBR Recorder.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/User_Guide/User_Guide/User_Guide_chapter_0111.html#task_CCFCBC5C2B704CA585059FA0A50B6DDE

"On the original recording (either streaming or downloaded), video and audio quality is good (24+ frames per second). After converting the recording to WMV or SWF format, you might find that the audio and video appear to be significantly downsampled (5 Frames per second)."

-Dejan

Thanks Dejan - I converted to .swf - which really creates 2 .flv files - then I am using a tool called xMedia - to encode to .mp4 - we will see how that goes.

Thanks for your reply.

Mike