cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Dial Rule to Remove +() from Jabber

stevenle
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have some numbers that are improperly formatted and come out like this +()8604437100 on a spreadsheet. I have 10 and 11 digit dial rules in CUCM that add a 91 to a 10 digit call and a 9 to the 11 digit call for dialing from the spreadsheet through Jabber.

However when I try to dial the +()8604437100 number it comes out as 9+8604437100 on my phone and can't complete. Is there any way to fix this? Thinking there is a way but I can't seem to remove that + from the number. My existing dial rules are attached. Any help would be appreciated.APPRules.JPG

8 Replies 8

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi 

Query is in complete, would need more information around this. Such as what is a spreadsheet and where is this used?

Application dial rules are to modify DNIS while calling out. So is this number presentation/modification being done post the number hits the App Dial rule? 

Is this a problem only with Cisco Jabber dialing out?

Is this a problem with Cisco IP phones as well when dialing out?

Regards

Tapan

We have an excel spreadsheet with a list of contact names and numbers. We use this formula =HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("tel:",c1)) to change all the number to telelephone clickable links which Jabber uses to dial. However if the number is improperly formatted like this one +()8604437100, I would like an application rule to correct it. I am not having any luck correcting this improperly formatted number of +()8604437100. My aforementioned application rules in my original post, turn this number into 9+8604437100 and we are unable to dial. I have attached a copy of the spreadsheet used with the improperly formatted number being the first on the list. 

Basically I need an application rule that will allow Jabber to dial phone numbers improperly formatted this way +()8604437100. 

Based on my testing, you should not have to use an application dial-rule to remove the Jabber () in the dialed string. Jabber is smart enough to remove the () characters as they are not routable strings.

If your dialed number was "+()8604437100", jabber will change the string to "+8604437100"automatically within the client before submitting to CUCM.

Configure your application dial-rule to remove the first digit (which would be "+") and prefix 9. The "Number Begins With string" can be set to "+8604437100.

I just tested this with the following software versions:
- Jabber 11.7.0 Build 42920

- CUCM version 11.5.1.11900-26

In an ideal world, you would avoid this issue entirely by fixing your original concatenate statement.

Please let us know if this helps.

You dont need an application dial rule for this. Just use a xlation pattern to do this. When you dial +() xxx jabber strips the () as Alok mentioned and all you need to do is configure a xlation pattern like this \+.!, disdcard digit predot and prefix 9..
Please rate all useful posts

I have a route pattern like the one you mentioned for all off net calls  (\+.!, disdcard digit predot and prefix 9..) That should technically resolve this issue but isn't.

@stevenle wrote:

I have a route pattern like the one you mentioned for all off net calls  (\+.!, disdcard digit predot and prefix 9..) That should technically resolve this issue but isn't.

Why are you prefixing 9 to your RP again? Are your dial-peers configured on the gateway starting with a 9?

Can you attach CUCM logs and your voice gateway logs here? 

If jabber strips the nonb diallable character then we need to look at your dial plan..

Please rate all useful posts

This solution works for the given number but won't for all the numbes incorrectly formatted beginning with the +(). Unfortuantely we have hundreds if not thousands of numbers formatted this way. I would love to have the team fix this but they're looking for us to make it work and they will correct their data slowly.

I worked with TAC who couldn't figure out how to fix this and no matter what application ruled we tested the number always came out as 9+8604437100. I will be working with a Jabber engineer later today and will post the results and fix.....if there is one. 

stevenle
Spotlight
Spotlight

This is ulimately what fixed it below. I tried this on my own and with TAC. The Jabber enginneer told me a Reset Jabber was needed for the Dial rule to take effect. Signing in and out wouldn;t work. Once I reset this worked like a champ. Thanks everyone for your input and support!!

Jabber Fix.JPG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: