Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA191 phone adapter compatibility

power-funzl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am currently testing CUCM 14 with a few Cisco phones and a couple of third party 3G SIM gateways, without any problems.

I wanted to purchase now a analog phone adapter. The Cisco ATA 191 is actuall perfect for my needs. The adapters are available as ATA191-K9 and ATA191-3PW-K9. It is clear to me that the first one can only be used on Cisco call managers. But I am wondering if the second one can only be used on thrid party call manager and thus wouldnt work on my CUCM system

2 Replies 2

In theory it could be used in CM, but then as a 3:rd party SIP device. I would not recommend you using it as such as there are limitations in functionality for 3:rd party SIP devices compared to a Cisco SIP device. Out of curiosity as there is an enterprise version of the device why are you wondering if you can use the MPP version?

Response Signature

power-funzl
Level 1
Level 1

the reason why I am consider buying the MPP version is because I havent decided yet whether or not we are going to purchase the CUCM system. The MPP version of the phone adapter will work in either case..