cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto-Population of Jabber Contacts by AD Group

detinater
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have the Contacts field in Jabber be auto-populated with members from a specific AD group? For instance if users are added and removed from say the "Staff" AD group, will it add/remove those users automatically when syncing from AD into the Jabber "Contacts" list? 

I can't seem to find an answer for this. I know you can manually upload a contacts list, but that's kinda a pain when you could potentially sync it from a Group that is maintained automatically. 

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Hey Jaime, thanks for the reply. I actually have all that configured and I can pull the group into my Jabber. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to automatically assign said group to all my Jabber users so they don't have to go search for it and add it themselves.

Nitpicky I know, but sometimes the easiest thing to do is the hardest for some of them.

AFAIK that's not possible, you would need to create a small doc of how to add the group(s) they should have and explain they will not be able to add/remove contacts from them as they're centrally managed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate