cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto-Population of Jabber Contacts by AD Group

detinater
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have the Contacts field in Jabber be auto-populated with members from a specific AD group? For instance if users are added and removed from say the "Staff" AD group, will it add/remove those users automatically when syncing from AD into the Jabber "Contacts" list? 

I can't seem to find an answer for this. I know you can manually upload a contacts list, but that's kinda a pain when you could potentially sync it from a Group that is maintained automatically. 

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Hey Jaime, thanks for the reply. I actually have all that configured and I can pull the group into my Jabber. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to automatically assign said group to all my Jabber users so they don't have to go search for it and add it themselves.

Nitpicky I know, but sometimes the easiest thing to do is the hardest for some of them.

AFAIK that's not possible, you would need to create a small doc of how to add the group(s) they should have and explain they will not be able to add/remove contacts from them as they're centrally managed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: