cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallBridge Groups and Outbound Dial Rules: Every second call to CMS fails.

j.dewiele
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have a CMS cluster with 4 callbridges clustered and configured with rendezvous calls and distributed conferencing. Everything works fine

When I try to deploy callbridge groups to divide the servers into two load balancing pairs I find that for each group every other call fails. It seems like only one of the callbridges in the group will properly accept calls. The other one tries to hand off calls to it's companion in the group, I hear ringing and then the calls fail.

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with outbound dial rules. Or maybe inbound dial rules as well. Scanning the documentation I'm not sure if I need to:

• configure dial rules pointing to the IP address of the other CallBridges in the cluster
  • configure a dial rule pointing mydomain.com back to the CUCM call processing server.

Tried both with no luck (but not sure of proper configuration). Can't find an example of the configuration of this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the CMS 2.3 Load Balancing Calls Across Cisco Meeting Servers, it provides configuration steps and call flow examples for settings up Call Bridge Groups.