cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access links from iPhone

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4
On Mac I can type a jabber guest directly into the browser, but this doesn't work on my iPhone. I'm adding :9443 to my links because I'm not redirecting to 443. Seems like safari on iPhone is stripping the 9443 because I get redirected to the VCS login Page. Is it possible to type the link directly into safari and use the :9443 port in the link?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi - unfortunately for the iOS client you can't use :9443 in the link to redirect 443 to 9443.  You need to remap 443 to 9443 on the firewall in order to get the iOS clients to work properly. 

This is a limitation of the solution that we hope to address in a future release. 

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi - unfortunately for the iOS client you can't use :9443 in the link to redirect 443 to 9443.  You need to remap 443 to 9443 on the firewall in order to get the iOS clients to work properly. 

This is a limitation of the solution that we hope to address in a future release. 

Mike

Bummer.  My Expressway E is not behind a firewall.  Does that mean I'm out of luck for now?

Unfortunately, yes.

One option to at least demo the functionality from iOS client might be to stand up another Jabber Guest server and have it go straight to UCM. 

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: