Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't search contact for VC rooms in Jabber over MRA

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We have VC units setup in exchange as resource for TMS scheduling. I can search the name in Jabber when connected internally. Over MRA, I can't find these names. We use BDI for Jabber configuration xml file. But with MRA, is that done through UDS somehow? I went to CUCM to search the End User with VC unit name, I couldn't find them either there, so I think maybe the LDAP sync didn't really sync rooms since they are not user type?

Thought? Thanks!

Lou

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, you're forced to use UDS when using MRA, no way around that, anything not listed in CUCM's directory, won't be available. Look at the default LDAP filter and adjust as necessary

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime. So LDAP filter can get non user AD account synced?

Lou

Jaime,  I have our conference rooms set to show up as user accounts in CUCM (they are there), I used to be able to search them in jabber (using UDS) but all of a sudden this has stopped.  the rooms still show up in CUCM under user accounts, but Jabber refuses to bring them up when doing a search.  any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: