Views
Helpful
Replies

Check license CUCM

quytx
Level 1
Level 1

Dear every one

i have a CUCM version 10.5 and i want uprage it to 11.5 and i dont know how to check license. I would like to check if the license now supports upgrades or not. Can you help me how to check it?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Licenses are version specific, you got 10.x licenses and will need to work with licensing to get 11.x licenses.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi  Jaime Valencia

How to check and get license version 11 . can u have document check it ?

THanks

Go to your PLM and you'll clearly see what version your licenses are for, you need to work with licensing to get 11.x licenses, and that will depend on your support contracts or your PO, as you need to be entitled for the upgrade.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime
this is my capture screen from PLM. Hmm you mean, I must downgrage license to 10. and upgrage iso from 10.5 to 11.5 and after i must upgrage license from 10.5 to 11.5 ?

822650_DW7APAVN01140199102018_135112.pngScreenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Upgrade your PLM to 11.5, then work with licensing to migrate your 10.x licenses to 11.x licenses, it seems you already have some 11.x licenses but your PLM version doesn't have the license definition file to use them.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

If i upgrage verson 10.x to 11.5,  Will I  need service contract number to TAC gen old  license version 10.5 to 11.5 ?

If i dont have service contract number to upgrage it. can i support free if i have license 11.x. Because i am having license 11.x. Old IT engineer dont know it and he buy wrong license 

If you want to upgrade, you need a valid support contract or to have bought the upgrade.

You'll need to discuss all this with whoever sold you this, or with licensing.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime
If i downgrage license from11.x to 10.5 to use CUCM. Can i upgrage again from 10.5 to 11.5 . Cisco will support me free when i need upgrage again from 10.5 to 11.x ? ( As far as I know if my license is purchased within 1 year will be supported free update ? )
( I gened license from file pak and actived it about 2 months ago )