Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco BE6M device oversubscribing

Kosi227
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

we have a customer they are using BE6M with CUCM12.5, and around 650 staff with CUWL license.

they are using IP phone set 88xx now, and the management planning to deploy window Jabber client for all staff.

the CUWL license supports for 10 devices for each user, that is mean I don't need purchase additional license and still can add jabber device into the CUCM, and that total around 1300~ device will reg into the CUCM

but, as I know the BE6M max supported device is 1200, so what happens if oversubscribing in the Be6m, does it prohibited I add the device into CUCM  or it will still allow me to do that ?

thanks !

Accept what was and what is, and you’ll have more positive energy to pursue what will be.
4 Replies 4

It won’t allow you  to add more device than its capacity. Actually the OVA which we use apply this restriction.

Response Signature

Kosi227
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nithin,

thanks for your reply

so will there have the error message when I importing the device? 

and except to replace the hardware, any other workaround for this situation?

Accept what was and what is, and you’ll have more positive energy to pursue what will be.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not heard any changes in regards to the 6K besides the 6K licensing mode, in previous releases there was no enforcement of any kind, so you could go past beyond the number of devices your platform supports (and that would apply to any CUCM deployment, not just 6K). In such case, once you go beyond the number of devices supported by your platform, you lose Cisco support, but there was no message of any kind.

There is no alternative in your case, you got a 6K and by doing so, you are bound to the number of users/devices such deployment supports and cannot go beyond those without breaking support, you need to change into a HW that supports more devices and accounts for future growth.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

its few years back  we tried to add 150 devices which we supplied to a customer, but  we faced issue due to the OVA capacity.  and we reinstalled the CUCM  using  Be7K OVA. The hardware was UCS240 M3 but partner who installed the CUCM used 1000 user  OVA. I don't remember what exactly we faced. 

If your devices are more Than the capacity of Be6k, you need to plan for a hardware upgrade. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: