Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server and Cisco Meeting Management

Hi Guys

Please if you can help me clear the following doubts.

1. When we purchase CMS 3.0, is Cisco Meeting Management included with it or it needs to be purchased separately.

2. Is it possible to schedule meetings directly through the CMS 3.0 and integrate invites through Outlook. Or that we need to purchase the TMS separately for scheduling. In our scenario, we will have people join conferences over Deskphones, Jabber, Web RTC both externally and internally. We don't have any Telepresence screens etc.

3. For the recording of the CMS 3.0 Audio/Video/Web conferences, do we need to purchase the Recording licences or that it can come with the UWL- Meetings for each user. As an example,  If we need to record 4 simultaneous conferences then do we need 4* LIC-CMS-REC-PORT license

4. For the streaming of the CMS 3.0 Audio/Video/Web conferences, do we need to purchase the Streaming licences or that it can come with the UWL-Meetings licences for each user.

5. On CMS 3.0 if we purchase 35 CUWL will we get CMS 3.0, TMS expressway base pack TMS exchange integration license rms etc and also will we get recording license.

I will be most grateful for your advice on this please.

Regards

Adrian

2 Replies 2

1. When we purchase CMS 3.0, is Cisco Meeting Management included with it or it needs to be purchased separately.

Licensing of CMS is done from Meeting Management.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/Cisco-Meeting-Management/Installation/Cisco-Meeting-Management-3-0-Installation-and-Configuration-Guide.pdf

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 5.46.22 AM.png

2. Is it possible to schedule meetings directly through the CMS 3.0 and integrate invites through Outlook. Or that we need to purchase the TMS separately for scheduling. In our scenario, we will have people join conferences over Deskphones, Jabber, Web RTC both externally and internally. We don't have any Telepresence screens etc.

TMS+TMSXE are used for booking meting from Outlook. I believe there is some changes happened to this with the Cisco meeting Management Server.have look on below link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/PA/mcp/TDM_MEETINGS_TS_to_Cisco_Meeting_Server.pdf

3. For the recording of the CMS 3.0 Audio/Video/Web conferences, do we need to purchase the Recording licences or that it can come with the UWL- Meetings for each user. As an example,  If we need to record 4 simultaneous conferences then do we need 4* LIC-CMS-REC-PORT license

With starter bundle you get one recording license. and the remaing you need to order port. Which can be used for Recording or Streaming.

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 6.00.28 AM.png

4. For the streaming of the CMS 3.0 Audio/Video/Web conferences, do we need to purchase the Streaming licences or that it can come with the UWL-Meetings licences for each user.

CWUL will not provide you streaming Recording license.

5. On CMS 3.0 if we purchase 35 CUWL will we get CMS 3.0, TMS expressway base pack TMS exchange integration license rms etc and also will we get recording license.

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 6.04.54 AM.png

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-7000/guide-c07-739444.html

Response Signature

Thanks  a lot Nithin

Have gone through the document and noted that we will need to purchase the TMS and TMSXE for the meeting scheduling on the CMS 3.0

I also noted that we may also need to purchase the Shared Multiparty license since we need to allow different departments to setup the conference at different times but still use the same license.

Moreover I also noted that CMS is licensed based on simultaneous conferences instead of participants. But in our case if we were to have 4 simultaneous conferences per hour, then I would need to buy 3 recording licenses as well if we wanted to record all 4 conferences per hour.

Please is it possible if you can send me the different part numbers for the CMS 3.0 On Premises Conferencing as well.

Thanks a lot for assistance.

Regards

Adrian.