Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 11.8 Issues

Jessica Cochran
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I just upgraded from Jabber 11.7 for Windows to 11.8 for Windows. I didn't do a new install I installed over my previous install. All of my Contact Images are gone and my user list is showing email addresses instead of names. 

I tried a Reset of Jabber. Any other ideas? 

Thank you

22 Replies 22

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where did you have the directory integration configured?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I believe it pointed back to our Domain Controllers.... None of that changed and others that are using the new version are not seeing the same issues. Its' odd

OK, so you have no configuration, you're using the SRVs?

HTH

java

We use a Service Profile.... 

What do you see under connection status?

HTH

java

This is very odd! I uninstalled 11.8 and reinstalled 11.8 and everything connects without an issue. But if we use 11.8 it fails to connect to LDAP.

Everything else connects without an issue.

Hi Jaime,

We encountered exactly the same problem with 2 of our clients who are testing the 11.8 Jabber client.

The connection status for LDAP shows:

Reason: Conneciton Error

Address: Server FQDN

Protocol: LDAP
Error: Invalid Credentials

Directory UC Service:

Product Type: Enhanced Directory

Secure(SSL) connection to global catalog on port 3269

And Service profile is configured as:

Use logged on user credential is checked

Username/passwords are filled with a service user.

Search base is filled as well..

In Jabber 11.7 everything was working correctly. When we switch to UDS is working as well.

Do you know what is going wrong?

Thank you in advance!

How did you switch it to use UDS?

In the used service profile, check the checkbox: "use UDS for contact resolution." and set the primary, secondary and tertiary directory UC Service to <None>

Even though that same Service Profile works fine with 11.7?

Yes, it seems we have exactly the same issue..

Ok

This helped a little bit but I still have no images for people it does show their names again and not just their email address, but no images show for them like it does in the 11.7 version of Jabber. 

UDS does not support pictures out of the box. This is a workaround we used and is temporary. I still need to investigate what is causing the directory integration issues. When we resolved it I will let you know.

Ok good to know

Thanks very much for the help!!! Ill keep an eye on this thread for assistance. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: