I just upgraded from Jabber 11.7 for Windows to 11.8 for Windows. I didn't do a new install I installed over my previous install. All of my Contact Images are gone and my user list is showing email addresses instead of names.
I tried a Reset of Jabber. Any other ideas?
I have the exact same issue. The only way contacts will resolve is if I hover over the contact or right click and choose "View Profile".
I tried no directory config at all and let the client find the directory servers on their own as well as defined my domain controllers in the Service Profile and jabber-config.xml file. Nothing works!
I'm on Windows 10 in a 2008R2 domain connecting to CUCM version 22.214.171.12400-26.
After discussing this same issue with TAC, I had to create a new UC Service for my Jabber 11.8 clients. I created the UC Service Type of Directory, and the Product Type of Enhanced Directory. Basically a copy of the current directory entries, but with the product type and name changed.
I then created a new Service Profile that reflected the new UC Service under the Directory Profile.
In the End User Configuration, I ensured that the UC Service Profile selected for 11.8 clients was the Enhanced Directory Service Profile.
After these changes, the 11.8 Jabber Client worked properly.