cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber and users with the same number

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all, I have CUCM 8.6 with CUP 8.6 and clients are using Cisco Jabber 9.6.

I have users that share the same number extension (user1, user2, user3), so when I call to one of them using the Jabber, in the alerting windows of the call, appears the name of user1 and sometimes user2 and sometimes user3.

Is it possible to associate in the Jabber client one number to only one user.

Thanks a lot.

David Lima

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Is the Jabber intergrated with LDAP?

How exactly are you dialling the number.

-Are you opening the user's profile and selecting the no?

-Or dialling the number in the white box where you call/search.

Jabber sends a LDAP search request to AD while the call is being placed, and the response decides the called party details.

View solution in original post

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i will need a bit more clarity about this matter. the alerting window can behave in different ways depending about the following scenarios;

-> Is the user whose name is being alerted added in the contact list of the jabber user; or is he available with the exact same matched number in the outlook local contact; if any of this is true; that user's name would be listed by jabber.

-> Tell me if you have a scenario like having all the three users in jabber contact list and then expecting to know which one will take precedence ; in which case i can do a lab recreate and let you know the answer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Is the Jabber intergrated with LDAP?

How exactly are you dialling the number.

-Are you opening the user's profile and selecting the no?

-Or dialling the number in the white box where you call/search.

Jabber sends a LDAP search request to AD while the call is being placed, and the response decides the called party details.

Hi guys, thanks a lot for replay.

Well, I have three users logged into jabber that share the same number extension.

So, when I call to one of that user using the Jabber or the IP Phone, the name called party shows me:

- for the first call the name of user1,

- for the second call shows me the name of the user2, the name called party appears in a ramdom way.

I'm wondering if it is possible to bind the shared number only to one user name in cisco Jabber, no matter which one of the three users that share the same number answer the call.

Thanks a lot.

David.

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i will need a bit more clarity about this matter. the alerting window can behave in different ways depending about the following scenarios;

-> Is the user whose name is being alerted added in the contact list of the jabber user; or is he available with the exact same matched number in the outlook local contact; if any of this is true; that user's name would be listed by jabber.

-> Tell me if you have a scenario like having all the three users in jabber contact list and then expecting to know which one will take precedence ; in which case i can do a lab recreate and let you know the answer.