cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Fonts/Style in IM Session

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When we set Fonts and Style during an IM chat session, that setting is only retained for the very next IM and the second IM after that defaults to original setting.

Should the font setting not be retained till the chat session is closed?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mark Congiusta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jasmeet,

Changing the font/size/color within the text input field only changes the font for that particular message by intent. Imagine if you change the style of only part of the IM message or don't want the style to persist, it would be very hard to differentiate user intent between a temporary and persistent change. In the next release of Jabber we will give users the ability to change the style of all outgoing IM text via the Options menu.

Thanks.

Mark

View solution in original post

Jas,

As the release planning now stands you are correct. Should this change I'll let you know.

Mark

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Congiusta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jasmeet,

Changing the font/size/color within the text input field only changes the font for that particular message by intent. Imagine if you change the style of only part of the IM message or don't want the style to persist, it would be very hard to differentiate user intent between a temporary and persistent change. In the next release of Jabber we will give users the ability to change the style of all outgoing IM text via the Options menu.

Thanks.

Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the update on this. So I take it that in the next release we should be able to set Default Fonts as well.

Regards,

Jas

Jas,

As the release planning now stands you are correct. Should this change I'll let you know.

Mark

AWESOME NEWS!! Thanks a bunch for your input!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: