cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for mobile cannot sign in via MRA

Hong Keat Looi
Level 1
Level 1

Presume that I have setup the required CUCM, IMP, Expressway-C, Expressway-E, SSL certificate and DNS records. Jabber for Android and iPhone login via MRA is working fine last couple days. 

Suddenly i was being notice that users was not able to sign in to their Jabber when they connecting Jabber from outside [from time 19:35 till 19:46]. Both of the users are using Mobile 4G and home wifi internet access. After couple minutes later, they manage to sign in again. However, i notice that this happen quite often. 

Attached the jabber logs from the users. Unfortunately, i found no clues and confirm answer from the cisco TAC support. Wondering do you know somethings about the logs error ? 

Appreciate your comments and help. Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Once your jabber is able to  reach internal DNS server then it will hit cisco-uds record for cucm. So what i could understand from your above post is you need to have a dns entry for your cimp.domain.local in internal dns. see this below document for your reference.

https://techzone.cisco.com/t5/Call-Control/Configuration-Example-Mobile-and-Remote-Access-through/ta-p/609544

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i just looked into android logs and noticed the below :

2016-07-29 19:37:14,452 WARN  [0x6ae9dfd0] [upSoapClient/CupSoapClientImpl.cpp(1110)] [csf.jwcpp] [Login] - @CupSoapCli: soap, soap::login fails:Error 502 fault: SOAP-ENV:Server[no subcode]
"HTTP/1.1 502 Cannot find server."
Detail: <HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Unknown Host</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY BGCOLOR="white" FGCOLOR="black">
<H1>Unknown Host</H1>
<HR>

<FONT FACE="Helvetica,Arial"><B>
Description: Unable to locate the server named "<EM>cencucm02.crm-centrionics.com</EM>" ---
the server does not have a DNS entry.  Perhaps there is a misspelling
in the server name, or the server no longer exists.  Double-check the
name and try again.
</B></FONT>
<HR>
</BODY>

same error came when jabber tried reaching server " CENcucm02.crm-centrionics.com"

initially i thought you might be running into below defect but it is not that case.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul15900/?reffering_site=dumpcr

as you are using cucm version 11.0 , this bug does not apply.

try checking in service profile , what you have configured as IMP Servers and should be in DNS server.

are these clients working fine internally and if any other platform not working externaly

Hi Varundeep Chhatwal

Thank you for your comment. 

I have check the service profile in the CUCM and the configuration for IMP server is as same as what i configure in the DNS server. 

I gave a calls to my colleagues after I received your comments. The same case also happened to internally (office-wifi) connected Jabber but not Cisco IP Phone.

Just about to send you this reply, i saw these two error appear in my Expressway-C and Expressway E.

from Cisco Expressway-E: Call license limit reached. You have reached license limit of concurrent traversal call licenses.

from Cisco Expressway-C: Ensure that your firewall allows traffic from the Expressway-C ephemeral ports to 2222 TCP on the Expressway-E.

Will these be the cause of the Jabber cannot sign in via MRA and internally ?

If your jabber is also having issues while on internal network , then its not a MRA issue. Please check if your jabber is abke to resolve the Fqdn of imp servers.

Hi Varundeep Chhatwal 

Thank you.

My Expressway-E and C was setup using two different domain for the transition. We login via MRA using @domain.my. But our internal CUCM and IMP is using domain.local.

From outside, we are using _collab-edge._tls.domain.my to resolve the FQDN DNS records.  The records are fine from outside.

For internal, we have _cisco-uds._tcp.domain.local pointed to FQDN CUCM server and _cuplogin._tcp.domain.local pointed to FQDN IMP server. 

Should i have the same DNS A records IMP.domain.my created internally pointed to IMP.domain.local ?  

Once your jabber is able to  reach internal DNS server then it will hit cisco-uds record for cucm. So what i could understand from your above post is you need to have a dns entry for your cimp.domain.local in internal dns. see this below document for your reference.

https://techzone.cisco.com/t5/Call-Control/Configuration-Example-Mobile-and-Remote-Access-through/ta-p/609544