Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Phone Number Directory Lookup

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

On my deployment, we can lookup someone's phone number from Jabber, so we can call them. I believe it is a directory lookup into the AD. Below is the screenshot of the current condition on the Jabber.

Jabber Extension Information.png

May I know from which menu that I can setting the Work and Home extension that is shown? Can I just show the Work or Home only? Or can I select the value from other attributes? Thank you.

6 Replies 6

The numbers as such are set on the user object in AD, these cannot be changed from the application as such. There should be additional fields that can be shown. Have you looked through the Jabber parameter configuration document?

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

No I haven't, in fact I just heard about it. May I know where to set such parameters?

Parameters are set in the Jabber configuration file, either in an actual XML file or in CM configuration from 12.5 onwards. Advice you to look at the documentation to get more information as it covers what you have asked so far.

Response Signature

For you reference this is the document that I refereed to. Parameters Reference Guide for Cisco Jabber 14.0 

This is an example from our Jabber configuration in CM to display the field OtherPhone based out of the ipPhone field in AD.

image.png

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I have look up to the document, but I could not find any reference that might set the attribute.

I found this document (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/14_0/cjab_b_deploy-jabber-on-premises-14_0/cjab_b_deploy-jabber-on-premises-129_chapter_01111.html), but I could not find the XML setting on my CUCM. My CUCM version is 11.5.

As I wrote in my first reply the settings exists in CM 12.5 onwards. In earlier versions of CM the settings are located in an XML file, that you need to create if it doesn’t exists, and then upload to your TFTP server. Please note that each time you change this file you’ll need to restart the TFTP service for the change to take effect.

Response Signature