cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber wrong username

Victor Elizarov
Level 1
Level 1

When I call somebody in my company they see wrong username with my DN in their Jabber. This is a former employee and he was deleted from AD about a month ago (we've got the same number). I delete all log files from my local computer. What's the matter?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeff.makowski
Level 1
Level 1

When I had this problem the answer related to the user still existing in Active Directory. The solution was to delete the IP Phone entry for the former user in AD.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Andrey,

Try removing the old user from their contact list if exists.

Thank you,

Shadi

You could try to delete the cache files once from other's PC:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\

Regards

jeff.makowski
Level 1
Level 1

When I had this problem the answer related to the user still existing in Active Directory. The solution was to delete the IP Phone entry for the former user in AD.

Thanks, Jeff. It's true. Firstly I decided to delete cache on my PC, but other users see wrong username in their jabber window during my call. When I logged on another PC in our domain I've got the same problem.

And even when I delete my cache, DN from former users card in AD and cache from my opponents computer it was the successfull solution. But now I've got another question.

Is it true that I need to clear cache on all PC's in our company to make them see my username, not username of former worker. If they don't delete their cache they still see wrong username. Maybe there are another ways to fix this problem?

Once I removed the old IP Phone entry, Jabber would use the new user's name when they called other Jabber users. I did not need to touch all installs.

Hm, it's very strange..... Maybe I've got a problem because I don't completely delete old users from AD. They are stored in archive directory of AD, but CUCM don't read info from it. And even I delete DN from old users I;ve got problems until I delete Jabber cache on calling and called computers......

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

When your Jabber client registers is it showing the correct DN? 

Is that incorrect DN showing up when you call any extension or just 1 specific person?