cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile iphone app function without Jabber?

timrichter
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CUCM System version: 8.6.2.20000-2.  I have Cisco Mobile 8.0 working in this environment.  However, I'd like the added functionality of 8.1.  I understand this was rolled into Cisco Jabber.

Unfortunately, we do not use nor are we likely to ever use jabber software.  Does this mean there's no way I can get 8.1 functionality on Cisco iPhone mobile apps?

much appreciated,

Tim R

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

At the moment the IM functionality remains in a separate app. You could install the Cisco Jabber (not the Jabber IM) app and use it only with CUCM. Expect the apps to get collapsed into one at some point in the future though. No word on whether it'll allow you to utilize only portions of the app at that point or not.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan.  I didn't realize there was a Cisco Jabber vs Cisco Jabber IM.  I'll look into that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: