Helpful
Replies

Cisco SSMS Certificate renewal

islamahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Dears, 

I have an on-prem SSMS version 8-202008

I have a SAN certificate with contains the server name and a private key. 

How can I change the private key for the SSMS server to accept the SAN certificate? 

Regards

ISLAM

10 Replies 10

Not sure if I understand what you are trying to achieve. Could you please elaborate a bit to explain what you’re trying to achieve?

In general the private key would be created when you create a CSR to get a signed certificate and then you upload the certificate onto the server once you receive it. When doing that you also need to upload the root CA and any intermediate CA certificate(s) to the trust store beforehand, otherwise you will not be able to upload the signed certificate.

Response Signature

Yes I generated the CSR from the expressway server included the SAN for the SSMS server,
I need to upload the private key of expressway to the SSMS to accept the generated SSL certificate
You got it?

Why would you do this? For what reason would you create the CSR on the Expressway and include the FQDN of the SSMS server? You should create the CSR on the SSMS server.

Response Signature

We purchased a digicert certificate for multiSAN and i added the SSMS SAN to the certificate and i want to use it.
So is it possible to change the private key same I do for CMS or Expressway servers ?

No. FYI You won’t be able to use it for the majority of any UC services.

Response Signature

I'm using the same certificate now for expressway-c cluster and expressway-e cluster and CMS AND CMM by changing the private key by the key used to generate the CSR and then upload the ssl certificate and root certificate.
It can't be used for CUCM cluster.
But i think FOR SSMS there is a method to use it .

Not that I know of. I can look around tomorrow in our SSMS once I’m at work.

Response Signature

I logged into our SSMS and possibly you could get the private key changed by logging in as admin to the CLI and then change to root by "sudo su -".

Snag_4fa44e.png
This is what I see when looking at our server. I have no idea where the certificate info would be, but you can probably figure that out by yourself.

Response Signature

Thanks dear i will check the same from my side

Any update on this?

Response Signature