cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert a .webex file to another file type?

Lstap002
Level 1
Level 1

I recently scheduled a meeting and was saving the recording to my desktop.  My window accidentally closed during the meeting but luckily this didn't disrupt the other participants.  I logged back in and was able to record the remainder of the meeting successfully.  However, when I went to the first part of the meeting that had ended prematurely, I didn't have a regular file type, rather it was a .webex file.  I don't know how to convert it.  I contacted Cisco customer support and they didn't know either but suggested that perhaps a third-party software conversion tool might be able to do it.  Has anyone seen a file type like this?  Does anyone know how I can get it into a usable format?

Thank you

Laura

42 Replies 42

Thank you so much Paola for such a genius way to solve the problem. I had this problem yesterday when my PC crashed just after I ended the meeting. The conversion process was disrupted and I stucked with *.webex file instead of MP4. Luckily, I manage to proceed the conversion using your genius solution. Phewww...what a relief! Thanks again...you save my day.

thank you for the method..

my recording got interrupted when i made one of the participants to be the host..

i don't know if that is normal..

God Bless and stay safe..

-wi

;-)
it's right. Only the host can register. changing host stops the recording. Once it was not so...
I apologize for my English, I helped myself with Translate.
Paola

Hi Paola,

How can you see that it's being converted?

And when you save the recording that you save as '1', it was in what format? Is it .wrf or .mp4?

Thanks.

Hello!

During conversion, warnings appear near the taskbar or dock (for mac). It is easy not to see them.

I always recommend checking that the .webex file disappears.

The "1" file is recorded in .webex format which will then be converted.

Be careful, however, the ability to get the .mp4 file as the final file must be enabled on the WebEx administrator page.

If you get .wrf files, I doubt if the option for .mp4 is turned on.

If you convert a .wrf file with WebEx tools, the resulting file is a not-so-nice .wmv file. I advise you to read the .wrf file with the WebEx reader and to record the part of the screen with the movie with a program like OBS.

Paola

Paola i cant do what u say because when i try to delete the file, it says the webex is using the file. It doesnt allow me to delete it.

>Without closing webex, I deleted the registration I just made. I renamed the file to convert: "1".
>
Hi Paulo
Yeah,  tried that and I was not able to delete the "1" video recording file. How did you manage to do it? It is impossible to delete a file when Webex is currently writing to the file.
Regards

Frankie Kam

Dear Frankie,

First sorry for my english but i finally managed how to do it... i hope u get it in my explanation:

1- Copy the corrupted file (.webex) to a folder
2- Change its name to '1'
3- Open Webex and start a new recording in the same folder, choose the name '1'
4- The program ill replace ur file. 

5- Stop the recording without closing Webex.
6- Now delete the file '1' (it will allow you to delete)
7- After its deleted, copy again the file you to convert and change its name to '1'
8- Close the Webex and it ill start converting

Just did it yesterday and i got it. Hope u can understand me
Cya.

hi there

i exactly did your solotion steps, but after all it says, there is a problem about registration file and it doesnt work for me.

could you update me about this matter.
regards

I really dont know what to tell you. I have already done these steps for 3 files in my corporation. 

Share me ir file and i ill try to repair for foi.

Hi,
nothing needs to be done on the file, never change the extension from .webex to .mp4, otherwise it won't work. I'm sorry it doesn't work, with this method I recovered a lot of files at the University of Milan Bicocca. I was unable to recover previously manipulated files. Maybe your file is like this.
I apologize for my English, I helped myself with Translate

i would like to mention me corrupted file is around 600 MB.

before deleting the newly recorded file "1", did you stop recording?

Some files may be too damaged to be recovered, especially if attempts have been made to change the extension
Paola

Thank you very much Paola. It worked perfectly!

Hi,
Did you stop recording before deleting the file?
Maybe the problem is that
Paola
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: