cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 Verifying a LD Partition is not in use before deleting

Michael Murman
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to delete an old Long Distance Partition that I think is not in use.  When i bring the Partition (Call Routing/Class of Control/Partition) and then use the Related Links: Dependency Records / Go.  Another box comes up,showing 0 Records using this partition.  But since we have a large number of call volume, I want to be 100% sure it is not being used.  An I being over cautious, or can i just delete it?  Or is there another way to check this dependency? we are using CUCM 11.5.

thanks

Regards,

MM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're being over cautions, that's it, the dependency records is what you check and if it says 0, then nothing is using it.

And even if you're hitting some kind of bug that would provide you with wrong data in the dependency records, you would get:

Delete failed. The pkid column in the routepartition table in the database is being referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records, remove the reference, and then try the delete again.

When you try to delete it if something is using it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're being over cautions, that's it, the dependency records is what you check and if it says 0, then nothing is using it.

And even if you're hitting some kind of bug that would provide you with wrong data in the dependency records, you would get:

Delete failed. The pkid column in the routepartition table in the database is being referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records, remove the reference, and then try the delete again.

When you try to delete it if something is using it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

BradEast1
Level 3
Level 3

If you don't have any dependency records then I'd venture a guess that it is safe to delete, with the caveat that it's your environment and you're responsible for any action taken. Maybe export the CDR for a time period you're comfortable with and verify there are no hits on that particular PT...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: