cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Publisher crashed During RU Upgrade

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Dear All,After a crash during the upgrade from CUCM 12.0 to 12.5(SU8), the Publisher needs rebuilding. The backup TAR file isn't detected in DRS for restoration, so a temporary export file was used. Currently, phones are registered to the Subscriber. I'm considering exporting data from the Subscriber, installing a new Publisher, and importing the Subscriber backup file. Will this approach work, ensuring the phones retain their old ITL files and remain registered to the new node?

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I’d open a TAC case for this one.

The ITL is signed by ITLRecovery.pem in 12+ which is only on the publisher. I haven’t attempted to rebuild a pub from a sub in a long time but wouldn’t expect it to have the RSA key pair for that cert (please respond to correct me if TAC says otherwise). There is a command to flip over to the backup ITL signing certificate Tomcat.pem but, again I’d expect that would only help if are using a multi-server cert so the sub has the key pair. Some certificate & key info is replicated via Infomix so it’s possible you’re in better shape than I’m thinking.