cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM to Third party gateway via SIP TRUNK (Ring back Issue)

faizanelahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our phones are registered to CUCM. and SIP trunk is configured from CUCM to third party PBX (Huawei).

When cucm registered phone makes external calls it will go to huawei pbx then to PSTN (ISDN PRI is terminated on Huawei PBX)

Phone A ---> CUCM ---> Huawei ---> PSTN

We are getting a ring back tone, but its quiet different from the normal ring back which we use to get when dialing external calls. 

Ring back which we are getting now is usually for internal calls (extension to extension).

Any idea how we can change this behaviour ??

Regards,

Faizan.

12 Replies 12

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Faizan,

Are you saying the you can hear ringback but it sounds different for external calls?

JB

Hi Jitender, 

yes, I can hear ringback but its same when for internal as well as external calls.

Hi Faizan,

from CUCM perspective you can not change it, you would have to make changes to the PDX.

JB

Hi Jitendra,

When CUCM is connected to h323 gateway,  it was working fine. 

When we changed to SIP, we are facing this issue.

I tried connecting CME to Huawei gateway via SIP, and its perfectly fine.

Does Media resource group have any involvement here ??

Hi Faizan,

So i am assuming we are getting ringback from far end, either PSTN or PDX. Are you getting 180 ringing or 183 session progress from PSTN\PBX.

JB

Hi Jithendra,

I am attaching call trace done from huawei side. I believe we are getting 180 response from PBX side but not sure about it.

Could you please check the logs and suggest.

Caller number : 22251842  (cisco phone registered with CUCM)

Callee number :  96636922  (PSTN number )

I am not sure if I understood. Are you facing this issue after changing a H323 gateway to SIP or are you talking about different equipments?

Hi Gilmar,

I think he might have added 3rd party PDX as h323 gateway to CUCM and not he has replaced it with SIP trunk.

Faizan, please correct me if i am wrong.

JB

Hi Gilmar/Jithendra,

Earlier we were using cisco as5300 as voice gateway, which was configured as H323 gateway in CUCM and was working fine with out any issues.

Later we replaced cisco as5300 with Huawei PBX which is configured as SIP trunk. And facing ringback issues as mentioned above.

Hope this clarifies.

Gilmar Silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Faizan

When you send a call from CUCM to a Voice Gateway, you need to select the cptone type (under voice-port configuration) to select the type of the ring back based on the especific country.

I think you will need to find in the PBX documentation how to do the same.

Regards,

Gilmar Silva

Hello Gilmar, 

Voice gateway is not cisco, I contacted huawei support for the same to check settings in their PBX. Nothing to do from their side.

This is not a good news.

In fact, it is possible that the PBX not support many different tones, so, you may not be able to change this behavior. As Jitender said, you cannot change it in CUCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: