Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM UDS Search Filter

Adnan Kolakovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it's possible to filter UDS directory when searched. When Jabber client is using remote access (through Expressway-E), it cannot search using LDAP but only UDS. When the client is on premise, we are filtering which contacts they can see as they use LDAP then.

However, I cannot find a way to filter the UDS results. Eg, User A is allowed to see Users B and C but not D (not presence/email address/directory number...anything). Can anyone help?

Regards,

Adnan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber for windows does not support any kind of filtering wrt UDS mode of contact search. Refer to the following link for more details as the latest version does talk about UDS support being reintroduced though no support for UDS filtering;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0111.html#CJAB_TK_EE022329_00

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you would probably need to play around with it. 

start with this first:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/9_5/JABI_BK_JF37EFA2_00_jabber-iphone-installation-and-configuration-9-5/JABI_BK_JF37EFA2_00_jabber-iphone-installation-and-configuration-9-5_chapter_0110.html#CJAB_CN_C2733196_00

also, you mention users  A, B, C,  D how can you distinguish between them? CUCM does not have that intelligence, the will need to be distinguished in AD. I mean what AD attribute can you use to filter?  AD group?  department?  

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks everyone. Yup, no way to filter the UDS contacts. 

Now I have to find a way (if possible) to disable UDS directory search when in MRA mode. We have some contacts in CUCM that should not be visible to any clients when searching, so if we can disable UDS when in MRA that would be great. 

Anyone have any pointers on where I should start with that? 

Regards,

Adnan

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber for windows does not support any kind of filtering wrt UDS mode of contact search. Refer to the following link for more details as the latest version does talk about UDS support being reintroduced though no support for UDS filtering;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0111.html#CJAB_TK_EE022329_00

TITO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello AdnanKolakovic_2,

Did you get some workaround for this? Could you hide all searches with UDS at least when user is outside?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, no you can't. What we ended up doing is putting hash for the telephone numbers of those users that we don't want to be reachable.

Addy