cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC and LYNC Simultaneously

johnsos
Level 1
Level 1

I have Lync currently installed internally in my organization with edge federation support setup.  We just put in CUPC to support our jabber clients but my real questions is can both CUPC and LYNC federate externally with other organizations if the external DNS SIP SRV records are setup for Lync currently?  Do both applications need to use SIP SRV records if so how do they share those records?  Sounds silly I know but for now we are in this situation where both services need to be support externally.  How do I get both to work externally so other companies can be able to federate to either my CUPC or Lync environments?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First, there are two protocols: SIP SIMPLE and XMPP which have separate DNS SRV records. You could point one to Lync and the other to CUPS if you can draw that demarcation but I doubt it. Per-protocol within a single DNS domain only one of the two products can be externally facing for federation. What you can do is intra-domain federate the Lync front end pool and CUPS cluster. A user can exist on one platform or the other (not both) and CUP can rely on the Lync edge pool for inter-domain federation.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for the response. That confirms what I heard from a few others offline.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App