cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Currently have 4 digit ext want to add 5 digit extensions to CUC

MeisnerC
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have 4 digit extensions setup in CUC for voicemail. Due to some mergers I've added some 5 digit extensions to CUC for voicemail. If I dial the user's 5 digit extension and they don't answer the call will forward to voicemail as expected. However if I dial *12345 I get, the "call cannot be completed as dialed". My question is in order to get the 5 digit extension to work using the '*' before the extension do I need to set up a new 5 digit configuration for  the Voicemail profile , voicemail pilot, Route group, Route list, Route pattern, etc. Do I need to create a new SIP trunk from CUCM to CUC using the 5 digit configuration or can I use the existing? Then in CUC create a new Port group and ports for the 5 digit extensions? Hopefully this make sense. I appreciate the help. Thanks

5 Replies 5

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Check the Route Plan Report for what is currently configured for begins with *

My guess is you have *XXXX configured as a directory number with a 'direct transfer to VM' profile assigned in the voice mail profile section and forward to VM selected under the call forward and call pickup settings section.

Try replicate that and use *XXXXX.  You will also need to associate your transfer directly to VM CTI route point to your new transfer to VM DN.  You can probably just add a line 2 for *XXXXX to your existing CTI route point.

MeisnerC
Level 1
Level 1

@TomMar1  Thank you for your response. You are correct we currently have a *XXXX configured as a directory number associated to a CTI route point. There is a current VM profile which calls out XXXX in the "Voice mail box mask" field. I have replicated the VM profile adding XXXXX in the "voice mail box mask". I added a DN for *XXXXX. I then created an additional CTI RP and associated the new *XXXXX to it. This seemed to work. I was able to dial *12345 and the call would ring directly to the users VM. However, the current  *XXXX numbers now have a 15 second delay before it would connect. I even tried to add the *XXXXX to the current CTI route point under the current *XXXX but that did not get rid of the 15 second delay on the *XXXX calls. I not sure if I need to add an additional Voice mail pilot that uses a 5 digit extension instead of piggy backing off the current voice mail pilot which is a 4 digit extension. Thoughts

Check the value for T302 it is service parameter.

This parameter specifies an interdigit timer for sending the SETUP ACK message. The timer restarts each time Cisco CallManager receives a digit. When this timer expires, Cisco CallManager routes the dialed digits. For exact timer definitions, refer to the Q.931 specification.

My guess is it is set to the default 15000, try lowering it to 5000.  And make that call again.

Thank you @TomMar1.  I apologize for the delayed response. I will give this and try and report back.

Do your four and five digit extensions overlap?  If so then you'd get the same issue dialling an extension, it will sit and wait to see whether you're going to dial a fifth digit.  If not then you can tweak your CTI route point DNs.  To be more specific we'd need to know that actual numbering, for example if your five digit extensions all start with a certain digit like "5" then your "*XXXXX" becomes "*5XXXX" removing the overlap.