Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom "forward calls to" menu

Kim Nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to add custom phone numbers to the  “Forward calls to” menu in Jabber for Windows 9.0.2. Now it display Voicemail, Mobile and Home number as default. Can I change what to be displayed somehow? If yes how and where?

At the moment we use UDS as search directory.

Please see attached screenshot.

Best regards

Kim                  

3 Replies 3

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is the ability to forward calls to a New number, which is at the bottom of the list.

The system can specify numbers for:

Voicemail

MobilePhone

HomePhone

OtherPhone

New Number (External)

None

It's customizable in that you can forward a call to any number using the "New Number" option, and if you want to create a persistent forward you can update that in the Directory and it will show up in this menu as an option.

I don't recall off hand if UDS has an option for OtherPhone, but if it does you could use that field to create a persistent forward that always shows up in the list.

Hi,

I have not configrued voicemail for several users. Can I somehow configure Jabber not to show the Voicemail in Forward Calls menu?

Best regards

Kristian

There's no customization for that.  However, if you can open a TAC SR they should be able to open a defect to track this request.  IMO, if there is no voicemail configured for a user the system should be able to determine that and dynamically only display the forwarding options which are available to that user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: