Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.0 - remove password from meeting URL, but keep it in the email

m.ranger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

in CWMS 2.0 if I send the meeting password with the invitation email the password will also be a part of the meeting url and everything is working automatically if the participant is using the meeting url.

If I don´t send the meetings password in the invitation email the meeting url will contain only the meeting number. But in this case I have to deliver the passwords for my meetings manualy to the participiants.

All of this is working fine, but a customer told me that from a legal point of view there is a difference if you klick on a link (with encrpyted pw in it) to join a meeting or if you klick on a link and have to enter the password manualy. It doesn´t matter if the password is in the same email as the meeting url, the important thing is that the password must be typed in manualy.

My question now is if it is possible or planned to remove the password from the url, but include it in the invitation email in clear text. This would be a comfortable way to deliver the password with the invitation mail and to force the participant to type it in manually.

Best regards

Manfred

1 Reply 1

danjorda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way today to remove the password from the URL except by removing from invite.  I just looked through the templates and it does not appear we have a separate template for send password vs don't send password, so the system is removing these after the template.  There are no plans to change this.  I will see if we can get a feature request in for this.