Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.6x: Failed to start DB: Regroup the virtual machine

Andreas Gruber
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

maybe anybody can help, I have an issue with CWMS happend a couple of days after the upgrade to latest 2.6 Version.

Webex is not accessible anymore and the Admin machine of the 50 User version shows in German: Fehler beim start der DB: Bitte groupieren sie den virtuellen Computer um.

In english: Failed to start db: Please regroup the virtual machine

Attached the screenshot from the console of the virtual machine

I tried to change the boot order of the proxy vs. admin but no change.

Anyone any idea ? 

Thx in advance

Andreas 

2 Replies 2

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andreas,

Based on the screen shot, something seems to be corrupted on the Admin VM so it cannot start the DB. This is not a known issue.

From what version did you update to 2.6?

Do you have NFS storage and backups from before the update?

Did you take VM snapshots of the functioning system prior to the update?

If this happened right after you updated, can you revert to VM snapshots taken before the update is attempted (if you've done so)?

If you don't have snapshots, then you may want to reach out to TAC to try to boot the system into single user mode and try to start services manually and troubleshoot.

If this is a major corruption, you will need to rebuild the system to the version when the latest backup was taken, and restore from backup following Disaster Recovery procedure.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

thx for the quick reply. 

It was not directly after the upgrade but I´m not able to reconstruct exaclty what happened with the cwms virtual machine or maybe on the esx host itsef. We´re currently struggeling with some backup/restore issues on the system. Maybe the backup with snapshot from the running system is not the optimal solution.

Anyway we were able to restore the system from a recent backup two weeks ago, so it is working again.

Kind regards,

Andreas