cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.8

Chris Davis
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone deployed CWMS 2.8 yet? Any issues, advice? I really like a lot of the new features offered in this new release from an administrator stand point.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_8/Release_Notes/cwms_b_release-notes-cwms-2-8.html

Regards,

Chris Davis

14 Replies 14

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

I don't think many systems were updated to 2.8 just yet. I did an update of my lab system and all went well so far.

Make sure you take VMsnapshots before you update and test well after you update, and only then remove VM snapshots (of course, within 24-48h).

-Dejan

Hi to all,

does anyone know why CWMS 2.8 was removed from the download site?

BR Johann

Hi John,

I am looking into this and will let you know.

-Dejan

I found CSCvd97910 with Workaround: Not currently available.

So I expect Cisco is working hard on a soulution...

BR, Johann

Engineering team just reported an issue with using "Encrypt sensitive data" option on CWMS 2.8 and pulled the ISO image from CCO.

Once that is fixed, it will be re-posted back to CCO.

I will keep you posted.

-Dejan

That means if we have already downloaded 2.8.1.12 and we do not use

"Encrypt Sensitive Information" there will be no problem? Whats then the Status of

CSCvd97910? Is this a security risk when Webex Meeting Server is accessed from the Internet?

In theory, that is correct. I updated my lab and tested basic functionalities that worked fine. Still, if you didn't update just yet, then I would recommend waiting for the new ISO to be published.

As for the Security Vulnerability defect. That one was identified when 2.8 was in publishing phase and if the product is vulnerable, it will be addressed in a Security Patch on top of 2.8 most likely.

As the bug is still in new state, I don't expect it to be addressed with the new 2.8 ISO image.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Does 2.8 require the OVA file to upgrade from 2.7?

The documentation suggests it does (a.k.a. major upgrade through redeployment).

Thanks,

Keegan

HI Keegan,

Going from 2.7 to 2.8 is considered a Minor Update with an ISO file and not OVA image:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_8/Release_Notes/cwms_b_release-notes-cwms-2-8.html#reference_7755F31FB44C931039CB3AC220425141

2.7 or any 2.7MR

Update to 2.8.

2.8 or any 2.8MR

Any 2.8MR

Update to 2.8MR.

-Dejan

Thanks Dejan.

I missed that subtle difference in the table.

Cheers,

Keegan

Hello Dejan,

I saw this information on release notes:

TLS Support

CWMS Release 2.8 supports Cisco Unified Communications Server Release 10.5.2 and later, up to 11.5, for secure teleconferencing.

The information is related only to TLS support or to a general mode or only to environments with secure teleconferencing active, I am asking because my environment is CUCM 10.5.1 and I am planning update to 2.8 version.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Information is related to Secure Teleconferencing only as it require the use of TLS in SIP configuration between CUCM and CWMS.

If we exclude Secure Teleconferencing, CWMS 2.8 supports the following CUCM versions:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_8/Planning_Guide/cwms_b_planning-guide-system-requirements-cwms-2-8/cwms_b_planning-guide-and-system-requirements-cwms-3-0_chapter_01011.html 

8.6, 9.0, 9.1, 10.0, 10.5, 10.5(2), 11.0(1a), 11.5

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Ok,Dejan thank you! and I got the information to versions 8.6, 9.0, 9.1, 10.0, 10.5, 10.5(2), 11.0(1a), 11.5.

But here we have informed that version 10.5.1 is supported until 2.6MR3, is it necessary to update my CUCM to 10.5.2?

10.5.2 (Supported by 2.7 and higher.)

10.5 (Supported from 2.0MR3 to 2.6MR3.)

Hi,

We have a documentation defect opened for this: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCve76200 (I've just included 10.5 into the bug, and release notes will update soon.

In my experience, all these versions work fine with CWMS 2.8, I just think this is a piece of documentation that is ported from older versions and just updated with newly supported versions with is not properly reflecting the information.

-Dejan