Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS email meeting invite only received by meeting host

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

The title says it all! Strange issue, the person hosting the meeting will receive the email notification (calendar invite) but other attendees do not receive anything! Again if the host cancels the meeting, the host will get the email notification but the attendees don’t get anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Matty

4 Replies 4

Derek Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matty,

Are the invitees all external (non-domain) attendees, or do any of the attendees have internal on-domain email addresses?

If only internal users are able to receive invites, then there may be an external relay issue for emails coming from the CWMS host.

Thanks,

Derek Johnson

Conferencing TAC

Hi Derek,

If I logon as my administrator and go to 'Users' and 'Email Users' I am able to send to both internal and external users.

To test I added my external email address as a 'host' user and I recieved the welcome/change password email no problems.

I only see this problem when I try to host a meeting. As I said only the 'host' of the meeting will recieve the invite.

Thanks

Matt

OK, I’ve run Wireshark on CWMS and filtered on SMTP whilst creating a meeting.

I found that the emails sent are different.

The email sent to the host has the ‘from’ address specified the email ‘Variables’ page on the CWMS settings.

However the email sent to the participants takes the meeting hosts email address and uses this as the ‘from’ address.

Our mail server rejects the email as it does not have permission to send as that user.

Not sure if this is a working by design or a bug. Seems odd to me that you have the variables page to specify the ‘from’ address but is ignored on attendee invites.

Matty

Hi Matty,

This is running by design as you want your invitees to receive an invite from the host and not a generic invite from CWMS. You will have to allow Send As permission on the Exchange.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: