cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS - I receive an error 104 when attempting to lauch into the WebEx web conference. Any thoughts what the cause might be?

CWMS - version 2.0

I have a 2 different customers (or prospects) who are unable to launch into a WebEx web session.  As these are potential customer our ability to troubleshoot with them is limited.  Heres what we find:

.  Using Windows OS (version unknown)

• They were using IE as well as Google Chrome during our test (versions unknown)
  • We did verify that they were capable of reaching the internet
  • After launching the "join meeting" URL, the end user had several errors (as we tried to launch in Google Chrome as well as IE):

• Setup unsuccessful, error 104, error 103, run a temporary application, setup unsuccessful

Any help or direction would be appreciated!

Thank you,

RC

7 Replies 7

Jyothi V
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Raymond,

When a user joins a meeting, the meeting client will be installed using ActiveX, Java, TFS (windows only) or manual installation via MSI (windows) or DMG (mac).

When the installation page loads the end-user may receive a prompt to accept a certificate or allow the installation.

Hence, check if the user has either ActiveX or Java enabled. If not, a temporary application will be downloaded. It seems that this download is also failing. The temporary application gets downloaded and installed to a temporary internet folder. It maybe possible that the user does not have write access to this folder. You can check that as well.

If you still face the same issue after checking the above details, feel free to open a TAC service request and we will capture the logs and debug the cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Thanks Jyothi!  I greatly appreciate your response and recommendations!

Ray

I read that the cloud offering of WebEx (WBS28, WBS29) offers a TFS (Temporary File Solution) which is designed for participants in a locked down Windows environment - to join a WebEx meeting (without administrator rights).

Does the "CWMS" version 2.0 or version 2.5 support TFS?

Thank you,

Ray Capriolo

Hi Ray,

If a user doesn't have a Meeting Client installed, that user will be able to download a temp meeting application that can be run without installing any files. However, this user will have to do this every time when they join a CWMS meeting.

-Dejan

Jyothi,

Thank you again for your response!

Is there a browser test for the product CWMS version 2.0?  or version 2.5?

Thank you,

Ray

Ray,

We do not have a browser test for any version of CWMS yet. I will try to discuss this with our Engineering team and check if it can be included in the later versions.

Regards,

Jyothi

Thank you!