Views
Helpful
Replies

cwms private VIP question - without IRP

Rajan R
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

So, i setup cwms without IRP. I choose a private VIP, say, 192.168.1.XX, during the setup, it asks me to choose two hostnames, one for admin url and one for user page/meetings url which resolves to the same private VIP.

Is this right ? I added both the hostname on my DNS for the same IP. The setup is over, but the basic config url is not loading now.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot

VR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes its correct for a system without public access/IRP the private VIP is used for both the admin and the users. So both the URLs should point at the Private VIP.

Did your installation complete without any errors? During the installation Check system runs checks on all URLs etc. and reports back if there is any issue. Whats the size of the deployment?

-Terry

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes its correct for a system without public access/IRP the private VIP is used for both the admin and the users. So both the URLs should point at the Private VIP.

Did your installation complete without any errors? During the installation Check system runs checks on all URLs etc. and reports back if there is any issue. Whats the size of the deployment?

-Terry

It did finish fine and the system check was all ok. Size is 50.

Thanks

VR

Strange - I know its obvious but still can you double check the spelling you are typing and make sure its exactly the same.

were you typing in the URL or clicking on continue?

Did it from scratch again and got the whole thing working. Thanks a lot.

VR

No Probs - glad to hear its working!

See you around.

-Terry

I couldn't figure this out though.. Its showing the wrong time. Where do I set this ?

Thanks

It asks you the timezone and locale after you enter the mail server during the install.

But looks like you have missed that step. Now you can go to > Settings>Company info>Time Zone

and select your time zone and language and locale information

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Thanks a lot Dejan and Terry. Changed it.

Happy new year.

Cheers

VR

Good stuff mate! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Happy New Year to you as well.

-Terry

Also, CWMS VMs pulls the time from the ESXi host. So make sure the ESXi host has NTP client configured to start and stop with host, that NTP server IP is configured and that the NTP client is running. Finally, verify the time on the ESXi host is correct (vCenter > ESXi host > Configure tab > Date and TIme section).

In case the time is way off and you need to adjust it before it can sync up with NTP server, make sure you put CWMS into maintenance and gracefully power off all the VMs (in vCenter, right-click the VM > Power > Shut Down Guest) before adjusting the time.

-Dejan

+5 Dejan my friend for the addition.

After the system check, it asks me to go to the below url. But the below page is unavailable.

https://webexadmin.XYZ.com/basicconfig?passphrase=VB3TEQXM

Thanks

VR

Is it no the IRP? I would not build the IRP server? No need  provide the VM resources to IRP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: