Helpful
Replies

CWMS Scheduled Meeting - Meeting Length

ainaraza1
Level 1
Level 1

As per the below mentioned link.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_5/FAQs.html

Does a meeting automatically end if it exceeds the scheduled duration?

Regardless of the scheduled duration, a meeting can continue up to 24 hours (1440 minutes) as long as there is a host and a participant in the meeting. If a meeting includes only the host (or designated alternate host), it will end after 30 minutes or when the host leaves the meeting. However, the exception is Blast Dial meetings. These meetings do not end even after 24 hours, as long as there is just one person in the meeting.

I am running CWMS and need to know that if we schedule a meeting for a specified date and time there is an option to define the length of the meeting however as per the FAQ's, the meeting doesn't end if it exceeds the scheduled duration. My question is that if that is the case, then in which scenario we will define the length of the meeting and it will work ?

Regards,

6 Replies 6

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When you are scheduling a regular CWMS meeting, you are able to define duration of the meeting up to 24h. Regular CWMS meetings cannot run for more than 24h. 

If you schedule a meeting for 2h, and you are in the meeting and need to stay longer, CWMS will extend the meeting as long as the host and at least one participant are in the meeting. The extension will continue until 24h mark when it will be ended and a new meeting should be started.

As for Blast Dial meetings, that is a different kind of meeting that is always "on" and is not being scheduled but is configured on the system so it can be joined at any time. This meeting never ends and can stay open for days.

I hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Thanks for answering. So it means that if i schedule a meeting for 2 hours and no one joins that meeting then the meeting will itself end after the specified length ? 

Regards,

That is correct for invitees. However, the host will be able to start it even after the end time (if it wasn't started at all before), and will be able to extend for 24h.

-Dejan

Thanx once again..Can you just let me know the case or examples where i can work with maximum length option.

Regards,

Any time you start a regular CWMS WebEx meeting, and you have at least a host and a single participant in the meeting, you can keep extending the meeting for up to 24h. If after scheduled end time has passed, there is only one person left in the meeting, the system will notify the user that the meeting will end soon and will end the meeting. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_6/User_Guide/User_Guide/User_Guide_chapter_01010.html#reference_3689CF25B6A743BDA7F00B191D8E60BE

"Does a meeting automatically end if it exceeds the scheduled duration?
Regardless of the scheduled duration, a meeting can continue up to 24 hours (1440 minutes) as long as there is a host and a participant in the meeting. When there is only one person in the meeting, a warning message appears every 15 minutes, "You are the only participant in this meeting. The meeting will automatically end in:". The clock decrements from 2 to 0 minutes. The user can select Continue to extend the meeting. Unlike other types of Cisco WebEx meetings that automatically end after 24 hours, a Blast Dial meeting continues until the last person ends his or her call or leaves the online portion of the meeting. If there is no active speaker in a Personal Conference Number (PCN) meeting, the meeting ends automatically in 2 hours."

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

I created a meeting, in which Mr. A was host and Mr. B was acting as a participant. Both joined the room and after 2-3 minutes, Mr. A left the room however  Mr. B was still in the room and host rights were automatically passed to him. Mr. B did not receive any notification till a very long time and after 24 hours meeting was ended.

The said meeting was scheduled for 10 minutes only and it went for 24 hours.