cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

deployment of jabber in corporate environment

haza.kaza
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible to setup jabber client configuration thru group policy for all users?

25 Replies 25

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber config is done via the jabber-config file which is downloaded from CUCM when the client logs in.

Further details are here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_0110.html

Hi,

I have followed the guide and when I go to select the package msi file in group policy it says

"the msi contains at least one embedded substorage which cannot be copied to the new package. you will need to manually import these substorages into the new file"

the undeited version of the .msi file works fine but I get this message with the one I added the transform to

ya. that's expected. it should still work though.

ok I got it working.

Now only after you open it on the installed computer it doesn't give you the option to enter logon credentials.

What parameter do I enter in orca to add that option?

Can you give me more detail and possibly a screenshot of what you see?

Hi

Here are the screenshots

Currently there is no SSO support for a CUPS backend.

so do I take out that property?

What property and value do I put in so that it selects a logon server that I specify?

Use the address field.

Documented here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_0101.html#JABW_TK_C5886EDF_00

Alternatively you can use a DNS SRV record.

ive already included the server address field and i doesn't select the specified server it asks whether to sleect default or to specify server

this is the option im talking about

Login server
Specifies the address of the presence server.
Use the default server
One of the following:
  • In on-premises deployments, the client requests  an SRV record for the presence server from the domain name server (DNS).
  • In cloud-based deployments, the client sends a login request to loginp.webexconnect.com.
Use the following server

Specify the address of the presence server.

how do you specify so it selects the specified server without having the user to configure it?

you need to un-do the single-on bit. send me a screenshot of what you see after doing this.

ok will do but how do you specify the installer parameters to select the presence server?

If you're given the pop-up after doing this. Ignore it. Just click okay.