Views
Helpful
Replies

Desktop Sharing 9.1

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have enabled a deskphone mode for one of the user he is asking for the softphone mode for desktop sharing, Is it desktop phone mode and software phone mode can be enabled together and  softphone mode provide same features except desktop sharing .

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Desktop sharing only works on softphone mode, on both endpoints, that's clearly explained in the J4W documentation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

I have enabled a deskphone for user A can i enabled a softphone for same user A, I dont know much in jabber just i am beginner, so please my question may be funny but please answer.

Thanks

Hi, you can have a user that has deskphone capability and softphone capabilties , however when they require deskphone sharing then at both ends of the conversation the users must be in softphone mode, i.e the client must use their sofphone to initiate the call. If they try it in deskphone mode it won't work. So yes users can have both deskphone and softphone and will have the same features except softphone mode  gives the added feature of deskphone sharing.

Hope I have understood the question correctly.

Hi,

Thanks Jeff for your reply

I have added the CSF devices and associated but the desktop sharing option is greyed not active.

Thanks

Are you trying to do this while on a call??

Have you enabled the capability??

What guide are you following??

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hello Jaime,

Below are the answers

NO, I am doing on the chat window

what capability ??? can you elaborate more

Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.1.x Server Setup Guide

hi, this won't work on an IM session - have a call open between the two clients in softphone mode (as per Jamie's advise) and then check whether the desktop share icon is greyed out or bold.

Hello Jeff,

OK I will try in this way and reply back to thread

Hello,

Now i just re created it again and now it is sharing th desktop, but there is no control on remote desktop when i click any file or anything.

Hello,

Any more hints where can i troubleshoot???

Tx