Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Issue - Jabber 9.1.3

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have on-prem CUPS with a mix of CUPC and Jabber (for windows) clients. We've noticed an issue with the directory that only seems to affect the Jabber clients, where old users who've left the company and are no longer in AD still show up in directory searches. Even worse, they show up in the name field when folks dial eachother. So if John Doe at ext 1616 left the company and was replaced by Tim Smith (same ext 1616), "John Doe" will show up on the Jabber client when a user places a call to ext 1616,

Again, there is no issue with our CUPC clients. The directory in CUCM seems fine and we've double checked the line settings to ensure the new user's name is everywhere it should be and the old user is completely purged from all systems.

Has anyone seen this? Is it a bug?

CUPS HA (Stand Alone) version: 8.5.4.10000-16

Jabber (for Windows) version: 9.1.3

CUPC version: 8.5.3192248-6.2.66

2 Replies 2

skomazec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joshua,

Have you tried with newer version of Jabber and does behavior repeates itself?

If this old useres are used before in searches, it could be that they are reminded in recently searched contacts, or is this happening regardless if user was searched prior or no?

I would suggest deleting all Jabber cash and then to try again.

Please correct me if there is some detail I didn't understood correctly?

Regards,

Srdjan

mal-smith
Level 1
Level 1

Try this in you jabber-config.xml file. Change if you don't use ipPhone as your field in AD.

ipPhone

(&(ipPhone=*)(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))

(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))

Note it won't delete immediately, it will sync after user's removed from AD.

HTH

Mal