cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Jabber Meeting Toast

incertitude
Level 4
Level 4

Hello - Is it possible to disable the meeting toast reminder option globally within Jabber for Windows/Mac (version 10.6) using a parameter in the global config file? I know each end-user can manually disable this option themselves (Options -> Meetings -> Uncheck meeting reminders) in the client, however I'd like to turn this off by default without disabling meeting integration completely. Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just looked at the .xml parameters to confirm, and there's no such option, the closest thing is to disable meetings all together, along with the reminders.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime  witch xml parameter  we can use to disable meetings all togethers, Thanks

I don't have it at hand, you can review the Jabber documentation where they are all listed, simply search for meeting, and you should find it pretty quick.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber_chapter_01001.html#CJAB_RF_CF556B78_00

Add to your jabber-config.xml file on your TFTP server:

<Policies>
  <Meetings_Enabled>false</Meetings_Enabled>
</Policies>

vivekmohan116
Level 1
Level 1
DisableAllMeetingReminder
Applies to Cisco Jabber for Windows and Cisco Jabber for Mac.
Specifies whether users receive reminders for Webex Meetings that are in their Jabber Meetings tab.
• true—Reminders are disabled.
• false (default)—Reminders are enabled.
XML Tag : <DisableAllMeetingReminder>true</DisableAllMeetingReminder>

I don't know what version that came around in, but I have used it in the past myself. Good looking out!