Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable the Pickup Group Popup

philmartin79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have just rolled out the pickup group functionality on Jabber so that users can pickup calls using the Windows client. As always there is someone who doesnt like the functionality and wants it disabling.

I added the configuration using the jabber-config.xml file.

Is there a way to disable the Pickup Group popups, without disabling the 'Display alerts for...All incoming calls' check box. They still want the popup for incoming calls but just not the pickup popup functionality.

If anyone knows if this is possible and how that would be great?

Many thanks

Phil

4 Replies 4

steven.hingley
Level 1
Level 1

You need to define a second jabber config file e.g. jabber-config-nocallpickup.xml with the option:

<Policies>

<EnableCallPickup>false</EnableCallPickup>

</Policies>

Upload to the root of your tftp servers

For those that don't want call pickup group popup make the following changes to their CSF device:

Set Cisco Support Field attribute to configurationfile=jabber-config-nocallpickup.xml

Ensure "Override Common Settings" is ticked

Save and Apply Config

Hi,

are there any other ways to disable the popuo notification only for some users?

By our customer nobody has CSF device, it would be necessary to but licenses and configure Jabber Softphone without needing/using it.

CUCM 12.0(1)

Jabber 12.1(1)

Thanks in advanced.

Mirko

Without the CSF device, you can still use different TFTP files through the TFTP_FILE_NAME flag during the Jabber installation process. See: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_0/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber-12/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber-12_chapter_010000.html#JABW_TK_UE4FB9DD_00

Hi Jim,

thanks for your reply.

I'll discuss with the customer to evaluate if this can be a possible solution. 

I know that they are migrating from PCs to VDIs, and this could be a problem, if they are using one image from all branches.

Thanks

Mirko