cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does jabber csf device support username contain dot?

Fog Roni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,everyone

For example,device name is CSFfog.roni,when I create this CSF device type,there is an error message,but when I using other jabber device type,like BOTFOG.RONI,TABFOG.RONI,these are created successfully.

So,why CSF type jabber username cannot conatin dot symbol?

ps:I am using CUCM 10.5.1

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fog,

As per page 2 of the following link the CSF device name can contain a dot

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide-90_chapter_01101001.pdf

Can you share the screenshot where the error is seen when using a dot.

HTH

Manish

pls check the screenshot.

thanks!

Hi Fog,

Can see the same issue in my CUCM. looks like we have issues with _ and - also. Will be able to share additional details by next week.

Regards

Hi,

I am having the same issue, when using a dot in CSFHOST.NAME it fails to add the device.

Running CUCM Version 10.5.1.10000-7

Regards

Hey guys, any luck with this. The bug is present on CUCM 10.5.2 also. Cannot add TCT device names with dots. Many clients use their LDAP users with dots ei, PETER.PAN. Is there a resolution on this? Does the TCT device still need to match the user ID anymore?

nas1024
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fog,

It is a bug in CUCM 10.5.1

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus90842/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Workaround:Even tough  the deployment guide said that you should use CSFusername, it would work if you don't suffix the username . As long as the Device Name starts with CSF, and then you associate that CSF device to the user's Controlled Devices under the users tab.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: